hw1 program

From: Michelangelo Grigni (mic@mathcs.emory.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2012 - 14:59:53 EST

JH writes:
> I'm a little confused about the constructors that need to go in the
> programs. What all does it need to initialize?

You need to write a constructor for both of your classes, and the
constructor should take a single int:

WeightedQuickUnionUF(int N)
PathCompQuickUnionUF(int N)

The second is easier, because it needs to do exactly the same thing as
the constructor in the parent class, QuickUnionUF.   The "slick" way
is to call the parent constructor,  a one-liner:    super(N);

The first is a bit harder.    You can still start with super(N); which
takes care of the id array.   But then you also need some code (from
the book) to allocate and initialize the sz array.   Note the sz array
should be a new data member in this class (not in the parent).

The textbook code avoids inheritance,  you are refactoring to use
inheritance ("refactor" is how programmers say "rewrite").